Issue: Leia / Unity PPSv2 Camera Projection Reset
If you are seeing this page, we have detected a breaking issue in your project that may occur when Unity Post Processing Stack version 2 and Leia Unity SDK are both active.
Package Manager can be used to install and update PPSv2 to 3.0.2+
Although TAA may be preferred when available, it does conflict with Lightfield's projection matrices. To get the best quality for your project, we recommend exploring a mixture of LeiaDisplay Anti Aliasing with the following PPSv2 Anti-aliasing methods:
- Subpixel Morphological Anti-aliasing (SMAA)
- Fast Approximate Anti-aliasing (FXAA)
Unity's implementation of TAA in PPSv2 resets the projection matrix on all cameras during OnPostRender. This is a non-issue for most Unity development projects since cameras are mostly manipulated through transform.
Since our Leia Cameras each have a calculated projection matrix, resetting it in OnPostRender breaks our visuals.D
Prior to PPSv2 3.0.2, in order to get PPSv2 to work with Leia Unity SDK, we asked developers to:
- Add custom code to PostProcessLayer.cs
- Embed the Post Processing Package folder, named com.unity.postprocessing, moving it from
- <Project>\Library\PackageCache\ to
If you have a project that followed these steps, we recommend you
- Delete <Project>\Packages\com.unity.postprocessing
- Install and upgrade Post Processing through Unity Package Manager, ensuring version 3.0.2+