This page describes the minimum steps necessary to set up a LeiaCamera in an existing Unreal project.
The Leia Unreal SDK is delivered to the user in the form of an Unreal Plugin which can be imported into Unreal projects with ease. The Unreal SDK provides
- A LeiaCameraPawn and LeiaCameraComponent for converting an Unreal Camera to a LeiaCamera
- A build script which automatically includes some necessary libraries in your builds
- A LeiaDevice abstraction which automatically sends commands to a LitByLeia™ device for you
- Development can be done from within Unreal Engine on a Windows or Linux machine.
- The Leia Unreal SDK has been tested with Unreal Engine 4.26,4.27, and 5.0
- Lume Pad
- Devs should expect their products to be distributed using the Leia Store
Ensure your project is already able to build to Android devices before adding in the Leia Plugin. More details for this process, please view the following Unreal Android documentation:
Set Target platform to Mobile / Tablet for compatibility with Lume Pad device
You can either download our plugin using the Unreal Marketplace
Supports: 4.26, 4.27, 5.0
or manually download and import our plugin
Supports: 4.26, 4.27 only
We must set up a LeiaCamera in your Unreal level in order to render content correctly for a LitByLeia™ device.
Drag the LeiaCameraPawn into the level
Assign a Target Camera. The object that is assigned as the Target Camera must have a CameraComponent
When you enter play mode, your Target Camera's viewport should be showing views from multiple sub-cameras at once, creating a fuzzy appearance.
Image from LeiaCamera/SampleLevels/CameraSetup/CamerSetupPerspective
Leia Unreal SDK requires specific settings in the Unreal Engine. Please follow the guidelines here: